July 26, 2010

~~Dance Recital~~


I have FINALLY sorted through all the thousands (yes, really, THOUSANDS) of pictures from the dance recital that the girls and Jason performed in at the end of June. We have a dear friend who loves to take pictures more than me (gasp, I know!!!) and he took over 4,000 pictures from the wings at the recital. Thanks Paul!!!

My oldest daughter performed in eight dances, my youngest daughter danced in two and Jason danced in two as well. Warning: VERY long picture heavy post. Scrappy stuff for this NOT EVEN STARTED~~~
First up, my youngest in THE cutest costume EVER!
She is second from the left with the big SMILE on her face
  She did a tap dance to Uptown Girl and was she ever CUTE!!! Not that I'm biased of course. At this tender age they mostly stand up on stage and look cute. Or they look at each other to see what they are supposed to be doing;)
*****************
My oldest dd led the ballet number onto the floor. I had NO IDEA she was doing this until I saw the dance in the recital. She was soooooooooo beautiful in this dance, I mean, I love all of her dances but this one...she just IS a ballerina.

 

 

 Jazz was REALLY fast! Is that really my little girl out there??? She is third from the right,

 She is three and a half from the right in this one. Look at that saucy little chin move!

She loves Lyrical, can you tell by the big smile on her face?
 
 
 *******************************
The oh so brave dads danced to Single Ladies. Anyone watch Glee???
Each recital there is a Father's Specialty Dance and a Mother's Specialty Dance and it is kind of a competition between the two. This year, the dad's won, hands down.


 Jason is number 42 and our friend Paul is OO. (Paul's wife occasionally has to man the camera...). I just cannot tell you how incredibly funny this dance was. The dads did a great job dancing very femininely in full football gear. 
Yesterday afternoon the dads and their families got together for a cook-out at Paul & Jennifer's house. It was really great to see everyone and the food was fabulous, especially the desserts. One of us indulged a bit too much and had a BIG tummy ache in the middle of the night. I won't say exactly who but she danced in eight dances at the recital...;)
 
We tried to get the guys to do their dance again yesterday but they said NO WAY!

Now for the big tearjerker...the Father-Daughter Dance. The sweet way all these girls look up at their daddys...

The Song and Dance Company performed The Little Mermaid. She is off to the right here looking like the angel that she is.
 

And finally, tap
She is waaaay back in the very center of this picture, the short one;)
That's a rap!

5 comments:

Suzanne on July 26, 2010 at 8:30 AM said...

Oh Kristie, thank you for sharing those! I felt like I was right there. The football thing cracked.me.up! :-D Wow, the costumes, the stress, yes I remember it well. Thank goodness I'm down to two twirly girlies. :-)

Meg Giroux on July 26, 2010 at 10:09 AM said...

Kristie, these are gorgeous photos! Looks like it was a great recital!!!! I just love the Daddy and me ones!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

Betty Anne on July 26, 2010 at 10:57 AM said...

Gorgeous pictures, can't wait to see what you do with them in a layouts.

Joan on July 28, 2010 at 4:19 PM said...

What wonderful photos! Love all the extra dances; really makes the recital special. I couldn't get the football video to work :(.

Karen on August 6, 2010 at 5:53 PM said...

Oh, WOW! I would feel so much pressure to scrap those perfectly!! Those are some GREAT photos - it helps that the subjects are so cute :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails