March 25, 2011

Green Milk!


No, no, not THAT kind of green milk. Milk NEVER has a chance to turn green in our fridge. The only time we have green milk around is when the Leprechaun's pay us a visit each March;).

I used some Little Yellow Bicycle papers that I have been hoarding for this layout. I just KNEW they would eventually come in handy. My layout is based on this week's sketch up at Let's Scrap:


I know! I kinda went a bit my own way. My layout really did start with the left side of the sketch! Ah well, there are those times that I follow sketches quite closely and there are these times when I start with a sketch but by the time I finish creating my layout the sketch is hardly recognizable. When I added my layout to the design team gallery, I thought they might just reject it but they didn't. It is up there on the main page at Let's Scrap;).


I broke out of my white thread mold on this one and used some black thread to stitch my rick rack on and to stitch together my large hearts. Then I used mini-staples {Tim Holtz} to attach my journaling strips and my small hearts. That big scrappy flower...that is just what it is, a bunch of scraps that I trimmed from my mats and they all fell in a pile and voila, an embellishment!


I added the Maya Road pins to my scrappy flower just because I thought they looked good with this Making Memories metal frame that I used around his tiny hands clutching his little glass of green milk.

****************
Let's Scrap is having a Design Team Call! Here is the sketch to use if you'd like to apply. Details on the call can be found here. We'd LOVE to have YOU apply. Good luck!



2 comments:

mustangkayla on March 25, 2011 at 10:17 AM said...

Cute layout! Those photos are too stinkin' cute! LOVE his big smile!

Betty Anne on April 2, 2011 at 9:54 PM said...

I love your layout Kristie, especially the way you did the hearts and used the stick pins. What a great tradition to have.
If you go to my blog I have a little something for you
http://letsgetscraphappy.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blogger-award-and-project-scrap.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails