December 17, 2013

December "Daily." It's Actually Working!


 Follow my blog with Bloglovin

So I decided to try a holiday mini-album again. Not sure WHY I do this in such a small format when I have such a large family. And NOT daily, I just can't take the pressure. But nonetheless a holiday mini that I try to keep up with throughout the season and that I try to use to include the little things that go on in life during the holidays. What I really love about this year's album is that I am giving the Project Life style a trial run before I try to tackle it for 2014. So far, it is actually working pretty well! Of course, I still have a long way to go but here is what I have so far:
The Cover











As you can see, I start with finished pages and end up with newborn foundation pages that have no embellishments whatsoever. Yet.
Still, it's a great start for me and I am really enjoying the process. I love to give new things a try in mini-albums. I am learning to use my new Cameo that my mom and my mom-in-law got me for my birthday (thanks Mom and Mary!) I made a sequin pocket that I love and will definitely do again, I've toyed with some overlays that turned out well and of course, I used my Cricut to make some cards and pages from the Edge to Edge cart.

Hope this finds you all enjoying the season!





6 comments:

Patty O'Malley on December 17, 2013 at 5:43 PM said...

Fantastic start, Kristie!

Anonymous said...

Your December mini is looking great so far! Love the burlap on the cover and looks like you're putting the various pocket pages to good use!

Unknown on December 18, 2013 at 7:56 AM said...

Your mini looks awesome! Love the cover.

Dictionary on December 18, 2013 at 8:05 AM said...

Your DD/albums looks amazing, love the cover.

msmith434343 on December 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM said...

Wow!! Good for you on getting all of that done! I love the cover so much. I am now a follower from the 2Peas thread.

Tegan on December 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM said...

Great pages in that mini album! Love all of the details!

Related Posts with Thumbnails