March 16, 2010

Tuesday's Tips & Techniques: A Ribbon Skirt



I have been long struggling with ribbon storage. It multiplies so much faster than I can contain it.  I have my beaded trims in jars and that works great for them. I have my ric rack in jars; again, works great for that. But my ribbons...I need to see them to use them so imagine my delight when I ran across an idea for storing them on a dress form in Creating Keepsakes. I grabbed my Hobby Lobby coupon and ran out the door to get a gorgeous little iron dress form I had been admiring but wouldn't buy since I didn't "need" it. Well, now I needed it!


Creating the "skirt" only took a few minutes. The ribbons are simply folded in half
 
and the loop is pulled around one of the bars
Then the ribbon tails are pulled through the loop
Done!

To take a piece of ribbon off the form, I just grab it by the loop and pull. Easy peasy and super cute in my scraproom.
I already had another wall-mounted dress form that holds flowers and packaged ribbons so this new one fits in just perfectly!


9 comments:

mustangkayla on March 16, 2010 at 5:43 PM said...

What a cute and fun way to display and store ribbon!

Kristina on March 16, 2010 at 6:50 PM said...

Thanks for sharing! That is a really great idea and it's pretty for decorating too.

Joanna on March 16, 2010 at 8:02 PM said...

that's a really cute idea!

Hannie C on March 16, 2010 at 10:02 PM said...

oh .. they look so fun! and as nice deco too!
TFS

Karen Wilson on March 16, 2010 at 10:49 PM said...

That is so cute! I love it! Awesome way to store ribbon and see what you have!

Suzanne on March 17, 2010 at 7:03 AM said...

Very cute!

Tara on March 17, 2010 at 10:18 AM said...

What a great way to store that ribbon, just love it Kristie.

Julie Bonner on March 17, 2010 at 8:34 PM said...

This looks awesome - I have to do this!!

Unknown on March 20, 2010 at 8:19 AM said...

Cute idea! TFS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails