March 2, 2010

Tuesday's Tips & Techniques: Spellbinder Storage


I have just recently discovered SPELLBINDERS Nestabilities! {I hear some of you laughing out there!!!} What a fabulous tool for card making AND scrapbooking. Once I bought my second set I realized I was going to need a safe and sound storage system to keep them handy and flat.

Here is what I came up with:
 
This is a heavy duty binder that I picked up at Target for a totally different purpose. I love that it is pink, transparent and TOUGH!!!
I keep my Spellbinder dies in DVD pockets that I had leftover from my clear stamp storage system. I got those pockets at Office Depot where I found a great selection of storage products for binders.
  
This system worked great for me ---and then I noticed out there in cyberland that several others use magnetic paper behind their dies. I was undecided about whether or not to bother. Then I ran into some magnetic paper at Hobby Lobby and I had my 40% off coupon. {Do you all know how to find and print the weekly coupon? Go here} So, home I came with the magnetic paper, which I quickly chopped down to size.

 
Super ssimple and now my dies stay perfectly nested.
  
 They slip right out of the pocket
 
and I can quickly and easily choose just the right size for my project. 



3 comments:

Tara on March 2, 2010 at 6:02 PM said...

Great organising tips Kristie, don't you just love it when it all comes together!!

I would like to know how you store your papers?? I struggle with it, I know some people do it by manufacturer or by colour or by theme. Mine are just in one big box - pathetic!! I have to sort through every one to find one. There has got to be a better way, I just can't decide which way. Tara xxx

Sally Cranney on March 3, 2010 at 10:58 PM said...

Great idea Kristie! What section is the magnetic paper in? Is it the one QK makes or is it different? love this way of storing them though. Thanks for sharing!

Robyn Schaub on March 4, 2010 at 9:44 AM said...

Well, now, that is just genius! I am going to steal that little trick! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails