October 13, 2010

Raw Beauty & Seeds





This layout is REALLY titled "Roasted Pumpkin Seeds" but I suspect you may have to be the scrappy sort to figure that out as dh thought the title was just "Seeds." Oh well, that works too. I am looking sooooo forward to getting some pumpkins out onto my porch. Maybe this weekend! My house is already decked out for the Autumn season as you can see in the above photo but I still need some REAL pumpkins...

The layout is my example for the new October Sketch Challenge up on the Cookbookin' blog. It is based on this sketch by Cheri O'Neill over at Let's Scrap. Thanks Cheri!

I used some Jenni Bowlin letters, you know the itsy bitsy teeny tiny ones, to make my banner which is actually the first word of the title:

Then I used a die cut of a pumpkin for the word "pumpkin." I thought it was clear...well, at least it's cute!

I took some "artsy" photos of my girls last fall and finally got around to scrapping them using one of Cheri's sketches over at Let's Scrap.
For this layout I used some of the Homespun line from GCD Studios. The papers were pretty bright with my photo but I just WANTED to use them so I antiqued them with some distress ink, sewed them onto a piece of kraft and here it is! The dress form stamp and letters are from The Girls Paperie and the tags are from the office supply store. Speaking of GCD Studios, I will have lots to share from them this month as I am in the Spotlight over there for the month of October!




3 comments:

mustangkayla on October 13, 2010 at 11:28 PM said...

What great layouts Krisite! The photo in the second is so so so neat!

Suzanne on October 15, 2010 at 2:01 PM said...

Men! What do they know? LOL Love the layouts!

LisiB on October 16, 2010 at 12:12 PM said...

Love the title work. So creative and just cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails