November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING plus a little distressing tutorial;)


 HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 
This year, one little word sums up what I am most grateful for: Family. Today much of my family is not with me so I am really missing my dad, my brother, my mom-in-law, my father-in-law {whew, this would be a very LONG list so I'll stop there}... I wish you were all here and I send you all my love and just a few photos from the last few weeks...


A little shout out to this guy...he made me an entire BOWL of pancake crispies with chocolate chips on top yesterday for breakfast...you know those crispy edges on pancakes {I LOVE THEM} and I love him for being so kind, so caring, so considerate, so thoughtful AND such a great chef!





As for scrapping...this is my slow time of year, too busy living in the moment to scrap much but I do have a special project to share with you today. It hangs right at the bottom of our stairs in the foyer so I see it all the time.



I started with an Adornit Family Frame kit and spritzed the edges and the parts that would show with a bit of brown Maya Mist. Then I began covering it with my favorite Sweet Summertime paper, Sunflowers!
I simply used some glue to adhere the paper.
 Then I got to work filing, sanding, general distressing...
 I was going for an antique look so I added LOTS of inks!



Once I had the backing completed I set to work on the family cutout.
 Again I was really going for that antique look so I used some distress ink on all the papers.
 I used my trusty no measure, just hold up in the air and see if it fits method for backing the individual letters. For some letters I used photos, for others I used some classic Cookbookin' papers.

Finally, I adhered three photos to the wooden cutouts that hang from the family plaque. I printed all my photos in sepia and even sanded them a bit to give even more "age."

To finish off my project I added a few Sassafras buttons, Prima flowers and checked ribbon. 

Happy Thanksgiving~~~

6 comments:

Patty O'Malley on November 25, 2010 at 12:32 PM said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kristie, to you and your family. The wall plague is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing how you made it.

Stacy H-W on November 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kristie! You are truly blessed. Lucky girl.
I love your wall plaque...it is beautiful. Hugs, Stacy H-W

mustangkayla on November 28, 2010 at 10:56 AM said...

Oh, oh, oh....I want a wall piece like that. TOO TOO cool! Yep, I might just have to lift it if you don't mind!

Great pictures! Although I'm not so sure about the sweatshirt in the first one! ;-) heehee...just teasing! We are now rooting for both hoping one goes and does well at a bowl game!

Suzanne on November 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM said...

Beautiful wall hanging! And great pics of the family. Hope you had a very happy Thanksgiving! :-)

Betty Anne on November 29, 2010 at 11:05 AM said...

Wow love all the beautiful pictures of you family and the wall piece is gorgeous.

Tara on November 30, 2010 at 7:59 PM said...

Just beautiful photos Kristie, also loving the family frame.

Related Posts with Thumbnails