December 22, 2014

Hand Print Christmas Tree Skirt ~Super Simple Tutorial~



I LOVE capturing my children's hand prints. A few years ago, my friend Suzanne, who just so happens to be Jewish;) gave me this super cute idea for a Christmas tree skirt. It's made with one hand print from each of my children each year. It is so neat to see how they've grown each year as we pull it back out.


I use gold acrylic paint from the craft store. I don't worry about keeping it the same exact shade (manufacturer) from year to year as I mix up the hand print spacing anyway. The kids are expert hand print makers by now so this project only takes me a few minutes at the beginning of each season. 







A chunky paintbrush makes paint application quick and tickely for extra fun;) Simply paint the hand, press it onto the skirt, and carefully lift off so the print doesn't smear.


Then, use a paint pen to mark the child's initial and year. Voila!


Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

Unknown on December 25, 2017 at 6:25 PM said...

I love this idea! Where did you get the tree skirt and what is the material?

Related Posts with Thumbnails