December 28, 2009

~Gingerbread and saying goodbye to BABY TEETH~



             So, what do baby teeth and gingerbread have to do with each other? Well, not much except that they are the subjects of my two layouts today! This Gingerbread layout is my latest DT work over at Creative Cookbooking. The papers are October Afternoon mixed with some Jenni Bowlin, Martha Stewart & Maya Road. I used my Sizzix to die cut the gingerbread man and then I backed his hearts with some scrap papers. Did you know that gingerbread men have TWO hearts? The title is Pink Paislee and that cute little snowman cam in my embellishment kit from Tara at Magpie Club.

Hidden inside the envelope is the recipe and the directions we use to make our gingerbread each year.


The recipe actually comes all the way out of the envelope~
 

*********************

Bye-Bye Baby Teeth

 Here is the Julie's sketch this month over at Magpie Club:

 



And this is my take on it!

    I just love C's new smile. It was a bit traumatic getting those teeth out but now that they are long gone, she is back to adorable. That is of course, my non-biased mommy opinion. The sketch is another one by the super Julie Bonner {big hugs Julie} and the twist this month is that it is a 2 page sketch. I used to scrap lots of 2 pagers but lately, not so much. I used the {Heart Attack} We R Memory Keepers papers for this one. Aren't they festive!?! It has been a bit bleak around here weather wise so I thought I'd brighten things up a bit with these papers. The GIANT flower is Heidi Swapp. The tickets & filmstrip are Tim Holtz; those along with the little crown remind me of all the drama surrounding the teeth finally coming out.  And the little owl's face is just PERFECT -it really says it all. I did lots of machine stitching: the border strips are actually sewn onto and bind the patterned papers together. The circles are sewn together as well and that little pleated border under her head shot -also stitched. The bingo card and clocks represents her growth, bet you could have guessed that one:)

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Tara on December 28, 2009 at 5:16 PM said...

Hi Kristie, I hope you had a wonderful holiday, it looks like it was fabulous.

I LOVE your pages, the gingerbread one is just gorgeous and I am rather liking your double layout - I really like the colours and such glorious photos. Your daughter is just so precious, teeth or no teeth!!

Have a lovely week, isn't it nice to get scrapbooking again!!

Hannie C on December 28, 2009 at 7:22 PM said...

Those layouts are just so adorable, love those colors and your precious pictures.

mustangkayla on December 29, 2009 at 9:53 AM said...

Fantastic layouts!

Unknown on December 30, 2009 at 2:47 AM said...

adorable layouts and pics from Christmas!
Love em!

Debbie Sherman on December 30, 2009 at 10:33 AM said...

REally love your gingerbread page Kristie! It's just so cute!!

Unknown on December 31, 2009 at 1:31 AM said...

Both pages are fabulous Kristie - love all the embellishing on the first one & you totally rocked my sketch on the second - awesome pages!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails