May 20, 2010

Cookin' up some more Cookbookin'


I've been playing with my design team goodies from Cookbookin' and I have come up with some new favorites!!!
I LOVE this. I usually like my creations but I LOVE THIS ONE! It was so much fun to make and it is extra special because the buttons that I used for the flower centers...they belonged to my grandmother.
 I began this flower by inking it until it had that "antiqued" look and then I placed one of Grandma's wooden button in the center.

This is a fun polka dot fabric button from Grandma's stash. It has that perfect country look!


This button is actually affixed to the flower upside down. I used some green Karen Foster floss for the tie and I curled the floss by wrapping it around a pin. Yes, it is that small!
The papers on this project are all from Cookbookin's Sweet Summertime line. This is the line that I named. Makes me love it all the more -as if I needed anything else to make me adore it. The flowers are mostly Prima, including that gorgeous vine there on the left. The pins are Maya Road, milk caps are Jenni Bowlin and the ticket is TIM.

Here is how it looks hanging on my kitchen wall:


 I also made this little counter top menu with Cookbookin' and a little slate that I picked up at a local craft store. ~Starts with an M!


Here's a card using Cookbookin's Modern Market line for this week's card sketch over at Let's Scrap.

 Hard to see in this lousy photo but the fruit squares are all raised and the veggies are lying low...hmmmm. I didn't really mean to do that but now it has me giggling.
Here is Kimmy's sketch that I used for this:

And here is the first of the layouts about the flood. I am sure many more will follow.
This layout shows the empty apple bins at the market just a couple days after the flood. It was frightening how fast Publix ran out of goods. Just yesterday, Mom just got a care package from Publix and her neighborhood HOA. Yes, the flood was at the beginning of May but things here are still a MESS! The Opryland Hotel may not even reopen for Christmas! 

Oh, credits! This layout is based on Julie Bonner's sketch for Magpie Club. Here is Julie's cool sketch:

Happy Scrapping!

9 comments:

mustangkayla on May 20, 2010 at 3:44 PM said...

Wow...Fabulous tray....love all your projects. Youve been one busy girl!

Karen on May 20, 2010 at 8:55 PM said...

That tray is FANtastic!!!! So so cool that you got to name the line of paper.

Love the LO for Magpie, too. And how wonderful that you gave all that credit for the sketches ;)

Suzanne on May 20, 2010 at 9:43 PM said...

Super cool projects! I love that you used your grandmothers buttons. :-)

bakscrap on May 21, 2010 at 5:44 AM said...

I'm loving the new line, and what you've done with it. I love sunflowers, so will have to get me some of this!

Anonymous said...

I really love what you did with the Flood lo...how did you do that flower??? I've seen it before, probably on one of your layouts, but can't wrap my brain around how it works.

Betty Anne on May 21, 2010 at 8:33 PM said...

Wow you sure have been busy this week. The wall hanging is fantastic and I love that you used your Grandma's buttons. I'm sure that makes it even more meaningful to you.
Love your card and layout also. Great work.

~jan on May 22, 2010 at 11:00 PM said...

What wonderful projects! Love that tray especially and how special it has your grandma's buttons on it.

Sheri Twing on May 23, 2010 at 8:24 AM said...

I came over to check out your Magpie Sketch layout and got consumed in your blog. Great projects!

When I saw your sketch layout about the flood, I knew we must be neighbors! I live in Bellevue so I know exactly what you're talking about. Crazy wild that was.

Anyway, love your blog, just wanted to say hi!

Phyllis on May 23, 2010 at 2:24 PM said...

Kristie - the wall hanging is beautiful. The papers divine - I only hope when I visit the USA at the end of the summer I can locate a store where I can purchase them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails