May 4, 2010

Tuesday's Tips & Techniques: Embellished Bookmarks


This is a cute bookmark tutorial that my friend Suzanne posted. Super fun are really easy:

Cut a 12 x 12 pp in half diagonally.



In the center of the long side of the triangle, make a smaller triangle that measures 7 1/2" on the bottom and 5" on each side.



Score and fold and trim away the excess at the point of the triangle.



Fold and glue side flaps together.



Your paper should look like this when it's flipped over.



Trim the excess so that all that's left is a triangle "envelope."



Embellish to your hearts content!






Thanks for sharing the great tutorial Suzanne! You can find more from Suzanne on her blog.
******************
I just love making these bookmarks, here's a couple that I made for my cookbook:

This bookmark was my first "successful" attempt at heat embossing. The utensil stamp (from Cookbookin') is embossed!!! The Recipe stamp is from Teresa Collins, ink is Colorbox, the paper is Basic Grey Nook & Pantry and the edge punch is Martha Stewart.
The paper and brad that I used for this one are both from Cookbookin' and the heart punch is Martha Stewart. The ribbon is Offray, ink is Colorbox and the Family Favorites stamp is Shabby Green Door. Thanks again for sharing Suzanne!


Happy Scrappin'

2 comments:

Suzanne on May 4, 2010 at 1:29 PM said...

Glad you liked the tut! I love your bookmarks! :-)

Tara on May 5, 2010 at 1:54 PM said...

Just beautiful Kristie, I love them all.

Related Posts with Thumbnails