February 8, 2011

Tips, Techniques & Tutorials ~ Hanging Heart Valentine


I'm getting ready for Valentine's Day!!!
Isn't this just soooo cute? This card is super easy and fun to make. Here is how I made mine.

 Cut TWO double sided pieces of pattened paper 5 - 1/2 inches by 8 - 1/2 inches.

 Fold one paper in half like a traditional card.

 Fold the other paper into a W shape.

I used a scalloped heart Nestability and ran it through my Sizzix to cut out my heart.

 Because the paper was folded, the heart has a big ugly fold right down the middle:(.

 So I embossed that fold right out!

 Love how pretty this looks!!! So glad that ugly fold was there to inspire me on;).

 This card ties closed so run some adhesive down the side of your card and be sure to place a piece of ribbon on the adhesive before attaching the die cut piece of the card. Be sure to keep your adhesive in the first inch and a half or so of your card.

 Stick down one side at a time.

 Voila! Don't you love the way my card keeps changing colors? Flash off, flash on.

 I used the scrap heart that I embossed to decorate the front of my card. I sanded it lightly and later added some gold paint.

 I stamped a sentiment, decorated the corners and placed it right under the heart.

 Here is the gold paint. I ran some along the edges of the card and just a bit over the sanded parts of the embossed heart.

 Back on the inside, I used some more of the paper scraps to run XO strips down each side of the inside of the card. I also made a hanging heart with some of the smaller scalloped heart Nestabilities and a bit of floss. It is just taped up the back of the card with a piece of coordinating paper covering the floss tail ;).

The finished card.


7 comments:

LisiB on February 9, 2011 at 3:53 AM said...

Wow. This one looks great! I will scraplift this one for sure. Thanks for the inspiration

Suzanne on February 9, 2011 at 7:14 AM said...

Oh Kristie, this is adorable! Love the embossed heart!

Miss Mary on February 9, 2011 at 3:40 PM said...

Love your tutorial...Can't wait to give it a try. What embossing folder did you use? I have to have it. LOL

Chriss America Real on February 11, 2011 at 2:35 PM said...

Very good tutorial, very easy to follow. I don't own a Sizzix or any kind of embossing machine. They are on sale right now on scrapbooks.com for $89.00, do you think I should jump in and get one? I was taught to "scrap" by a Creative Memories lady, so I am just starting to get my feet wet doing other things.

Kristie on February 11, 2011 at 3:09 PM said...

Thanks for your kind words Christine. Personally, I love my Sizzix and couldn't scrap without it, but that's ME! {I also started with Creative Memories but have kinda grown out of it:)}

You can try your hand making this card by cutting a heart shape out with scissors instead. Once your paper is folded into the W, cut that half heart shape we all used to do in school. That works too!

Stacy H-W on February 12, 2011 at 11:50 PM said...

Wow girl! You have totally inspired me to try to make this card! I'm going to work on it tomorrow.

Thanks for the fun tutorial. I just love tutorials!

You card turned out so gorgeous especially that embossed heart you put on the front! Happy accidents are so great!

Hope your weekend is going great! Hugs, Stacy H-W

mustangkayla on February 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM said...

How cute! Great tutorial...thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails