July 7, 2011

Surpise!!!


Surprise!!!
~Arriving this Fall~

~I want to extend a heartfelt thanks to those of you who have sent me sweet inquiries as to where in the world I disappeared to for the last couple three months. I really appreciate you all checking on me...the morning sickness was super awful this time and I am just now getting back to some bit of normalcy, as normal as one can get at home for the summer with 5 kiddos~

 I have even gotten back to a bit of scrapping...just a wee bit. We are heading out to Oregon shortly to visit lots and lots of relatives. My in-laws are VERY kindly putting us up at their house and with 7 1/2 of us, that's quite a sacrifice! So I am taking along a little token of my appreciation:
I used the Earth Love line by Cosmo Cricket for this ATC tray. My in-laws live in Eugene, Oregon so what other line works better than this?!?! I have a few bits and bobs from other lines and manufacturers (Maya Road, Prima, Tim Holtz, Cookbookin') scattered throughout as well. This was such a fun project to put together, I hope they like it!

Here is a progress shot just before my oldest son vetoed his photo...I thought it was perfect: teenager in mall, texting away (middle row, first slot) but he said he wanted a soccer shot and that is, really, much more appropriate. I adore that he likes to look at my work and helps with great suggestions and ideas. When I put these trays together they spend hours flat while I move all the pieces around. Then I take the plunge by adhering the backgrounds. Then there is another round of moving the pieces all over the place. Once I get the photos or main memorabilia adhered I move on to embellishing, my very favorite part of the entire process. I can embellish these for weeks! Eventually I call them "finished." 
**************************

  I also managed to eeek out this recipe layout for the Kitchen:
This soup recipe is so yummy and so not for summer but it took quite a while for the heat to hit this year in the south. As a matter of fact, our friendly little cicadas were a few weeks late themselves. More on them later!

It's good to be back, wishing you all Happy Scrapping!

4 comments:

mustangkayla on July 7, 2011 at 10:23 AM said...

Congrats! Sorry to hear about the morning sickness though. :-(

Your tray is fabulous! They are going to LOVE it! Have fun in Oregon! Hopefully its a bit cooler in Eugene than it is here in Central Oregon!

Suzanne on July 7, 2011 at 4:08 PM said...

Gorgeous tray! Your inlaws will love it. Safe travels, can't wait to hear all about it when you return. :-)

Hannie C on July 10, 2011 at 1:25 AM said...

Congratulations! Rest well and eat well.

Patty O'Malley on July 10, 2011 at 5:54 PM said...

Congratulations! Glad to see you are back and feeling better. Hope you have a wonderful trip. I am sure your in-laws will love the gift!

Related Posts with Thumbnails