June 9, 2010

Camping 101, Part Two - The TENT


Heeheehee. This was FUNNY! After yet another campfire evening, it was time to pitch a tent. Jason and the four older kids were going to camp in our backyard. I was going to keep baby bear company in the house;). So, Jason and I gave the kids the tent(brand spanking new in box) and said "go for it." Well, they did a pretty good job. They got it all laid out, got some poles constructed and then got stuck.
We let them try for quite a while as you can see by the increasing darkness. Finally, Jason had pity on them and went down to direct.
 And even help a little.
Success, a tent!
While the rest of my family worked on the tent, I stayed up on the hill and watched over the campfire, I mean, someone had to, right???
It was nice and dark by the time they finished.
Baby bear got to hang out inside the tent for a while before he and I went in the house.
Then we left the camping to Miss Flannel and Miss Satin. The kids had a great time, Jason was exhausted but they all look forward to doing it again soon.


3 comments:

Tara on June 10, 2010 at 10:20 AM said...

Such wonderful photos Kristie, I just love them.

Betty Anne on June 10, 2010 at 5:35 PM said...

I look forward to seeing your pictures and hearing the stories of your family as much as I do your scrapbooking layouts. Glad the kids had fun.

Amie on June 12, 2010 at 10:11 AM said...

Wonderful family memories, this really is the "good stuff"!

Related Posts with Thumbnails