June 11, 2010

Farm Camp


Next week is FARM CAMP week here. YAY! The kids love this annual trip out to Gentry's Farm so much. Me too!!! 
This is a page that I did about last year's camp. Journaling is hidden behind the photo:
This layout features lots of Jenni Bowlin papers and her adorable milk caps. The buttons were my grandma's and they're tied with various jutes. I used every star punch and die that I own to cut out all these stars from my scraps! AhHa! True SCRAPbooking! Some of the stars are not even whole as the scraps of paper got kinda small but I just tucked the "bad" spots behind other stars. It took forever to ink all the edges but I wanted that aged look to go with my altered photo. I ran around the edges of the kraft with my sewing machine, I just love not having to sew perfectly!
Come over to Let's Scrap this week, Cheri has this great sketch up that features a wreath on the first page.
 Maybe I will even be able to get a second page done for this one...


8 comments:

Lolis on June 11, 2010 at 10:12 AM said...

I love your page! It's amazing! I love how you use the buttons and the milk tops, and the stars... I just love everything about it!

cottagerca on June 11, 2010 at 12:14 PM said...

Krisitie
I saw your DT layout posted on Lets Scrap. I've been a member for a few years now and love the site. I want to say that I love everything about your Camp layout. I can not get enough of star embellishments!!! I have all boys in my life and its a great embellishment alternative to flowers. Hope you don't mind if I scrapjack some of your ideals. I know what you mean about inking all the edges of those stars!!!!
ava
cottagerca

Dara Lynn on June 11, 2010 at 2:25 PM said...

Kristie,

I just purchased a few Sizzix and paper punches and embossing folders of stars for the upcoming 4th ...Ava (on previous comment) could not have said it better for me! I too have 3 boys and stars are perfect ...scrapjack?? lol love it!! I'm jackin it too!!! Kristie...love the kraft paper with the stitching and the distressing around the photo. Excellent work. I am going over the Cheri's blog now...thanks again for inspiration!

Julie Bonner on June 11, 2010 at 11:44 PM said...

This is awesome - LOVE all the stars & buttons & milkcaps - can't wait to try this & the stitching, well - you know I LOVE that!!!! Looks absolutely fab girl!!!!

Amie on June 12, 2010 at 10:09 AM said...

Love it Kristie!! Terrifically compiled from all those scraps!! I'm planning on working on this one today and make some space is my scrap drawer!!

Suzanne on June 12, 2010 at 1:37 PM said...

Adorable layout, love the "wreath" of stars. :-)

cottagerca on June 12, 2010 at 3:16 PM said...

Dara Lynn, glad you found good humor in my post above....the word scrapjack put a bright smile on all of our faces.

Jennifer Shaw on June 12, 2010 at 10:04 PM said...

This LO is amazing!! Love the wreath of stars!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails